Welcome to Infrainsights.com ("Infrainsights"), Infrainsights is an independent business information and market analysis company that assists companies in the infrastructure industry through independent fact-based insight, ensuring their business success today and tomorrow.
Information Collected On the Infrainsights Service:
- We give you choices about the personally identifiable information you share with Infrainsights and other Infrainsights users.
- You can end your membership at any time.
- Infrainsights does not spam.
We collect the following types of information about you when you use the Infrainsights Service:
Use and Disclosure of Information
- Information provided by you. We collect personally identifiable information, such as your name and email address, when you register to become a Infrainsights member. This information is needed to set up your personal profile. As part of your personal profile, you may choose to submit or incorporate additional information, such as your age, your hobbies and interests, as well as other content, such as photos, music and videos.
- Information collected automatically. Infrainsights receives and stores information which is transmitted automatically from your computer when you use the Infrainsights Service. This information includes information from cookies (which are described below), your IP address and browser type. Your IP address is the unique address of your computer which is automatically provided to other computers when your web browser or email application requests a web page or email from those computers on the Internet. We also collect information about how you use the Infrainsights Service, including information about the features you use and where you go on the Service.
- Information about you as a Infrainsights member may be supplemented with additional information, including publicly-available information and information from other companies.
We use this information in order to operate the Infrainsights Service and improve your experience:
- We will display your personally identifiable information on your profile according to the preferences you set. We will use your name so that you are recognizable on our database and so that we can personalize your experience. We will use your email address to contact you from time to time and may also use it for security reasons to confirm that you are who you say you are. You can control the types and frequencies of certain emails you receive in your email preferences.
- We may use the information collected automatically, such as your IP address, information stored via cookies, and information about how you use the Infrainsights Service to develop statistics and aggregate information about the number of people who visit the Infrainsights Service and to customise Infrainsights's content, layout and services. We may share this information with third parties to help us improve the Infrainsights Service and better serve our users.
- Advertisements that appear on the Infrainsights Service are delivered to you by Infrainsights's advertising affiliates, partners and service providers. Infrainsights may transfer information about you and your use of Infrainsights, such as your IP address, information stored via cookies, and other demographic information about you, to our advertising affiliates, partners and other third parties. This information may be used to provide advertising, promotions and other products and services that may be of particular interest to you. It may also be used to provide you with a tailored choice of content and media products. Please refer to the Cookies section below to find out about the choices that Infrainsights offers in connection with advertising targeting.
- Our advertising and promotions partners have no access to your name or personal contact information stored by Infrainsights unless you choose to share it with them. Infrainsights does not provide your name or personal contact information to an advertising partner when you interact with or view a targeted advertisement.
- We may provide your personally identifiable information and the data generated by cookies and the aggregate information to the vendors and service agencies that we may engage to assist us in providing our services to you. Such third party entities will be obligated to use your personally identifiable information solely to provide the services to us.
- Personally identifiable information about you as a Infrainsights user, including the contents of your online communications, may be accessed or disclosed in response to legal process (for example, a court order, search warrant or subpoena); in other circumstances in which Infrainsights believes the Infrainsights service is being used in the commission of a crime; when we have a good faith belief that there is an emergency that poses a threat to the safety of you or another person; or when necessary either to protect the rights or property or personal safety of Infrainsights directors, manages, employees and its affiliates, or for us to render the service you have requested.
If you choose to use our referral service to invite friends to Infrainsights, we will ask you for your friend's name and email address. We will automatically send your friend an email inviting him or her to visit and join Infrainsights. Infrainsights stores and only uses this information for the sole purpose of sending this emails and tracking the success of our referral program.
Collection of Information On Other Sites
This privacy statement applies only to information collected by Infrainsights.
Infrainsights contains links to other sites and services that are not owned or controlled by Infrainsights, including Infrainsights affiliates. Please be aware that these sites have their own privacy policies and that Infrainsights is not responsible for their privacy practices. We therefore encourage you to read the privacy statements of each and every site that collects personally identifiable information.
We post customer testimonials on Infrainsights which may contain personally identifiable information such as your name. We may obtain your prior consent to post your name along with your testimonial.
Infrainsights may link information stored in cookies such as your age, gender and country with your personally identifiable information and we may use such information to gather statistics about the number of people who visit Infrainsights and to customize Infrainsights's content, layout and services for delivery to you.
You control who sees your profile information on Infrainsights
Your profile information on the Infrainsights Service will be shared with other Members on Infrainsights. You can limit who can view certain personal information using your Profile Privacy options under your account Settings. Please bear in mind that if you choose to share your personal information (including any comments, photos or any other information) to other people on Infrainsights, you do so at your own risk. Infrainsights recommends that you don't share your personal contact information. You can choose to make your profile visible to non-members of Infrainsights by editing your profile Settings.
Whenever you voluntarily post personal information in public areas, like journals, weblogs, message boards and forums, this information can be accessed by the public and can in turn be used by others to send you unsolicited communications. Infrainsights recommends that you exercise discretion in deciding what information you disclose on the Internet.
Children under the age of  are not eligible to use Infrainsights and must not attempt to register with Infrainsights and/or submit any personal information to us. Infrainsights does not knowingly collect personal information from any person who is under the age of  or allow them to register. If it comes to our attention that we have collected personal data from a person under the age of , we will delete this information as quickly as possible. If you have reason to believe that this has occurred, please contact us via the Contact Us page, and we will delete any such information. We recommend that children below the age of 18 should not send any information about themselves to anyone over the internet without asking their parents or legal guardians for permission beforehand.
Security and confidentiality
Infrainsights uses a variety of safeguards to help protect your personal information, including technical, administrative and physical controls. Please bear in mind though, that it is impossible for Infrainsights to guarantee that impenetrable security measures are in place. For example, we cannot control any illegal and/or unforeseen activity of other users that may allow them to get around the privacy or security settings on Infrainsights. Consequently, you acknowledge that there are circumstances in which your personal information may be accessed by unauthorised persons. The security of your personal information depends in part on your protection of your account password. Please do not disclose your account password to unauthorized people. We limit access to your personal information only to employees that we authorize to access that information in order to do their jobs in connection with the Infrainsights service. If you become aware of any breach of data security or have any other questions about the security of our website, please contact us via the Contact Us page.
You always have the option to deactivate your membership at any time. If you are a member and no longer wish to participate in Infrainsights you can sign in to the site and click on the Setting tab and visit the Deactivate my account option at the top of the page.
Infrainsights may be co-branded with our affiliates & partners.
If you have questions or concerns regarding this statement, you should first contact us through the Contact Us page.